Over the past week I have been feeling a little down, maybe it’s just the time of year, however after Boxing Day I have started to feel a lot better.
I am now looking forward to the new year and planning plenty of things to do with family and friends. At the start of 2014, I thought this was the year that things were going to happen i.e. I was going to build up my business, I wanted to do a lot of things with my family and all this was put on hold when I was diagnosed. Back then I felt so lost and had no idea what the future held for me. Nearly a year on, I’m still a little unsure but I’m going to get on regardless.
Although 2014 was pretty rubbish (my diagnosis has put a bit of a black cloud over things) there has been so many great things have happened too, such as
- Meeting the Backstreet Boys (Sorry I’m going to keep going on about that for some time still)
- reconnecting with old friends and made lots more
- completed the Race for Life and the Midnight Walk for Katharine House Hospice
- I’ve completed 2 modules towards my degree
- been on some lovely trips away with my family
- Raised lots of money for charity
- had a few interesting adventures