As I’m sure you can imagine I have lots of different appointments to keep up with & when explaining to other people it can become a little complicated. So I thought I’d begin by going through the various appointments I have & then go into detail each week about what I’m having or attending.
- Every 3 weeks I have Herceptin (by injection given over 5 minutes) & Perjeta (given intravenously over an hour). The nurse comes out to me for these & usually spends about 3hrs with me as they have to also monitor me once they have given me the drugs. They also come out to me the day before to take bloods to make sure I am well enough for the treatment.
- Every 4 weeks I have denosumab (by injection) which is a bone strengthened. The nurse, again, comes out to me but is only usually with me for about half an hour. With this treatment the nurse also comes to me the day to take blood
- Every 8 weeks I go to see my oncologist to discuss how I am, give me any results & make sure I am aware of what is happening next
- Every 3 months I have a CT scan to check my head, chest & abdomen to see if there has been any further spread.
- Every 3 months I also have an echocardiogram to check for any heart irregularities which are a potential side effect from my Herceptin.
- Every 6 months I visit my breast care consultant for a check up.
- Every 12 months I have a mammogram & ultrasound scan to monitor for any tumours or irregularities